Friday, December 25, 2009

Trying to Change the World Changes You

I send out the warmest and merriest wishes for a blessed Christmas celebration to all my friends and family - those I've known my entire life, those who just recently walked into my life, and all of those in between! To have peace on earth would be the ultimate of Christmas gifts, but until then, I wish for you to change your world and to make an impact on your community in this new year. In stepping out and doing something - anything - the most surprising part is when you realize that YOU'VE changed even more than you've caused change around you.

An article (same title as today's blog) in yesterday's Winnipeg Free Press said: "When I first signed up, it didn't dawn on me that in helping others, I would change. I didn't expect I would meet people I would consider to be my second family. Nor did I think I would become impassioned about about the plight of people living in poverty and the social issues that go along with that." (To see the full article: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/trying-to-change-the-world-changes-you-80048402.html) All because she volunteered at a local food bank. So go out and try to change the world because you are guaranteed to be transformed yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce