Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Aspeling Family

I want to introduce you to the Aspeling family. There's Clint (from South Africa, though he can pull off a pretty good accent from any English-speaking country) and his wife Manuela (from Germany). They have a daughter, Celina, who was 2.5 (in 2004) when she fell into a pool and was without oxygen for 1/2 hour - but God had bigger plans for her and for this family. Manuela stays home to take care of Celina while Clint hits the pavement selling insurance.

I met them last week Sunday when I spoke at St. Martin's church and was invited to share at their cell group last Wednesday (and I joined them again yesterday). I don't know if you've ever met people, when after 1.5 weeks of knowing them, swear that you've known them your entire life, but that's this family to me. It's like a found long-lost siblings, half way around the world (and one of them, a different color than me!). I think it may actually be harder to say goodbye to them versus some of my fellow Trackers that I've journeyed with for these past 9 months - that's how I've connected with them and how special they are to me.

And that, in small part, is how I've been blessed over and over again here in South Africa. Though I'm not continuing on in the Track, I have NO DOUBT that God had specific plans and people for me to meet here. So I journey on again, a different LaDawn today than yesterday.

Check out Clint's blog at - http://mylifesjourneyfromglory2glory.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce