Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Listen Up TV

I don't think I've blogged about it, though I've mentioned it to some people along the way: my greatest fear in returning home from South Africa was that God was going to stay in South Africa with my new church and my new friends and that He wouldn't make the 7 day journey back home to Canada with me (really, it's hard to blame Him when it is so cold here!). Of course, it's MY decision to bring Him along, because God is everywhere! And I am so thankful to see Him at work at home already!

As God was working His web of connections and contacts in South Africa, He's been doing the same for me here. My dad had bumped into one of our local radio announcers, Al Friesen, who in turn contacted me for an interview last week on CFAM. During our time, Al mentioned a show he had seen about human trafficking on Listen Up TV. It's been busy meeting people and celebrating Christmas, and it was only today that I finally had some time to check out their website and the episode he was talking about at: http://www.listenuptv.com/listenup/shows?show_id=163

PLEASE, I beg of you, especially if you are Canadian, take the time to check out this broadcast. Canada IS a country where human trafficking is happening and we cannot be complacent in raising our voices to create awareness and force our government to make and enforce laws to punish those who are exploiting women and children. When I was in South Africa, I talked about the 2010 World Cup being hosted there and how such a sporting event heightens trafficking activity - there are more people so the demand for sex increases and as the demand increases, the supply must also increase. The 2010 Vancouver Olympics are staring Canada in the face, right along with human trafficking and we cannot be silent. The Listen Up TV website provides a sample letter - if you don't know exactly what to say, use this letter to contact EVERY government official you can, from local politics right up to the Prime Minister. Canada's future, our children's future, is in our hands and its very existence depends on our actions today. Please go to Listen Up and then speak up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce