Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Positive Progress for Levi

Since my last blog on Levi, a number of things have changed. . .improved, much to our relief. He actually had a 2nd chest tube put in because both lungs collapsed, but yesterday the nurse said that there is only a small amount of drainage from the tubes, so they may be coming out soon. He is down to 1 antibiotic (a miracle!) and his sores seem to be healing up nicely (one of his ulcers was debrided again yesterday). The main area of focus is still his breathing.

My parents went in last night to visit. Especially over the last 2 or 3 weeks, he's had days where he is definitely not himself, and then at other times, surprisingly himself. Yesterday he said he wished he could eat (ice chips just doesn't cut it!) and my mom asked him what he would like, if he could eat. His response: "A whistle dog and a Dairy Queen banana split!"

I know I've said it before, but I want to thank you again for your thoughts and prayers for our family at this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce