Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another Update on Levi

Levi has been in the ICU for a month now. His condition, his health, along with our emotions, have ebbed and flowed. I don't know about you, but I don't do well waiting, hanging in limbo. The last time that I saw Levi was just before he was admitted to the ICU. He was up in his wheelchair, we had coffee together and he was himself. All the reports from my parents and uncles have said the opposite since entering the ICU.

He has a million tubes coming from him, he is tired and, because of the constant flow of medication, he is not himself. Two of the nine siblings are from out of province, but all are coming together tomorrow (both have already seen him at different times during the last month or so) as Levi's health continues to deteriorate. In a family meeting today, doctors have decided to do some more tests tomorrow and we would all appreciate your prayers. There is possibility of surgery again, but I'm not sure what this is in regard to. Doctors have still been unable to pinpoint the exact cause of the infection in his lungs and so they are giving him a wide range of medication, hoping that one will target it effectively. As with the last update, the added pressure on the lungs is affecting other organs, specifically, his heart has been shocked and medicated to slow it down.

It's hard to let go of someone you love, but I think that it's harder to watch them suffer. And that suffering does not apply to Levi alone but also to my grandmother, my parents, and all my aunts & uncles who continue to keep vigil and pray that God's will would be accomplished. We thank you and appreciate all your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for your family to feel God's love and touch during this difficult time.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce