Sunday, April 11, 2010

Birds

This week I was reminded of my early morning starts from last summer while in Gamboa, Panama. Spring seems to have established itself around here and with it, the songs of a few birds have hit my ear. Last summer, I usually got up around 6-ish to avoid the line for the 1 indoor shower at the church where we were living (there were 3 outdoor spouts as well, but no thanks!). This was not about getting a hot shower - there was no such thing, since the church only had cold water. I just like to have enough time to get ready in the morning and I also like the quiet of the morning. Little did I know that there was no such thing as a quiet morning in Gamboa. As part of the tropical rain forest, it is known for its diversity of bird species. People from all over the world come here in search of the birds - birds that enjoy getting up early and singing their hearts out!! As I said, it REMINDED me and also made me thankful for the FEW chirps I heard, sounding that spring is really on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce