Monday, April 26, 2010

It's Like Riding a Bicycle. . on the Lawn

I enjoy mowing our lawn. I mean, really enjoy it - though I'm not quite sure why. It's 3 hours of driving in circles, listening to the thunderous roar of the mower beneath me. Maybe it's the smell of freshly mowed grass - but I can't really smell, so that can't be it either. I had asked my dad to get the mower ready earlier last week. The weather has been beautiful and the grass was screaming to be mowed. My dad reluctantly got the mower tuned up, knowing that the summer will feel longer because once you start mowing the lawn, well, you just can't stop until the fall. Obviously I missed last summer's mowing fun and so I hopped aboard the tractor last Saturday, ready for the long-haul. It was just like riding a bicycle - once I started, I found my groove right away. And it was finally today that my arms, neck and shoulders felt like their normal, flabby selves again. You see, my dad bought a hydrostatic mower a few years back and it certainly works muscles in the upper body as you maneuver around the yard. Seriously, you can turn on a dime with this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce