Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Because You Never Know. . .

This post goes out to some of my teammates from last summer - Joanna, Alaina and Marilee - this one's for you! As we spent more time together, we figured out one another's quirks and the lines that we regularly liked to use. I became known for the following line: "You better eat up, because you never know when you'll eat again" (or what you'll eat again, for that matter!). That may be the reason why I gained weight over the summer (plus I was told it was rude not to finish what was served, so I ate it all, even if it was 2 cups of rice for lunch and then again for supper. . .).

Anyway, I sold my car before I left for YWAM and can't afford one right now, so we shuffle vehicles between my parents and brothers, which I am extremely grateful for. I was emailing my cousin, letting her know that I had a car that day and all of a sudden the line came out, reminding me of the summer: "I did every last thing I could think of doing while I was out because you never know when the next time will be."

Old habits die hard, eh girls?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce