Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pain & Joy

Last week we did not have photography/injustice class because of Spring Break (though we did head to the food bank for our project), but we were back at it this week. Added excitement was that 1/2 of the students (plus myself, earlier today) sat down for an interview with a reporter from the local newspaper. As regular though, their pictures once again blew me away. I am getting more and more excited about the exhibit - 2 weeks from today!

I love the classroom and have certainly enjoyed teaching this class. Even just in the organizing and running around. I think the most surprising detail, though, has been just how much everything has come together. I planned the class in 2 separate portions - photography and injustice - but in so many aspects they have intertwined to simply be 1. Even tonight, we watched "Amazing Grace" and witnessed William Wilberforce's pain and joy as he persevered to abolish the slave trade in Britain 200 years ago, while tonight's photography assignment topic is Pain & Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce