Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Where You are Today

Some of my teammates and I were able to share with students at the Bible Institute of South Africa last week Friday. While waiting for a friend to finish in a meeting earlier in the week, I came across an old magazine with an article by Bishop T. D. Jakes and this is what he said:

“The greatest reason for searching for God is that when we find Him we find ourselves. We find the answer to the question: Who am I really (because how will I know if I am successful if I don’t know what I was created to be)?

The Bible doesn’t talk about the prodigal son finding God; it says he came to himself. Isn’t that the real journey, to come to yourself? To wake up and discover why you had to go through what you had to go through to get where you are today?”

As difficult as it is, and this is still a lesson I continue to learn, it just seems like the hard and challenging times in life are really those points where my character is truly refined, and God shows that His hand is still at work within my life and that He continues to be faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce