Tuesday, September 22, 2009

10 Things I Never Did Before Joining YWAM

1. Pay for laundry (and make it one of the first things I figure out in a new location)
2. Pay for internet (and make it the second thing I figure out in a new location)
3. Share a bedroom – with as many as 15 other roommates
4. Fall asleep listening to my iPod – that was the best purchase I made before leaving home, given all the roommates and needing my own space at times (even if it’s imaginary)
5. Use the bathroom stall for a brief moment of privacy to escape life
6. Throw toilet paper into the garbage can instead of down the toilet – and wonder about a country’s plumbing system
7. IF there’s a hot water tap, wonder if hot water will actually come out of it
8. Use a pool air mattress bed thingy as my actual bed (well, it was that or the hard concrete floor)
9. Talk about bodily functions with complete (YWAM) strangers
10. Drink milk from the carton and yogurt from the container, because who could be bothered with the extra dishes since it’s my own, as labeled in the fridge

1 comment:

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce