Sunday, September 27, 2009

I Have to Change the Way I Think Today

Continuing from where I left off yesterday: I don't know why I'm continually surprised at how God works in my life, especially to teach me. I learned SO much working with the different indigenous tribes in Panama. And I also know that, had I been given the choice, I would not have picked it as the project to work on. But at the end of the day, it was exactly the project I needed, with specific people that I needed to meet.

In coming to South Africa and working through debrief, I was able to reflect back on the entire summer, but especially in working with the tribes. And I continued to wonder when Canadian Native peoples might find reconciliation with the white people who just took over, and, in many cases, did so in the name of religion. Which brings us back to the blog from yesterday. Maybe it's time to stopping apologizing and praying for things to just be fixed - and start to look within ourselves. I have to change the way I think today. I cannot point the finger and say that the blame belongs somewhere else until I examine myself first. What do I need to change inside myself and the way I think so that reconciliation can be found? I am truly sorry for the past, but my responsibility is in today. And today is where I have to start the change inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce