Monday, August 2, 2010

You are Invited to Dinner

While hiking the Austrian Alps in 2003, my teammates and I had A LOT of time to kill.  My teammate Dan loved to play the "if" game.  For example, "If you had the choice, would you choose to lose your sense of sight or your sense of hearing?"  Of course, there were never easy or simple answers, so that made these discussions interesting and long (always a good thing while on the trail).  There are actually "If. . ." books that you can buy, full of interesting questions that are great conversation starters.

I remember another question Dan posed:  "If you could invite anyone, past or present, to a dinner party, who would you invite and why?"  For some reason, this has come back to mind in the last little while, especially as I've been reading many biographies/autobiographies.  And so, you are invited to my dinner party this week as I introduce my 5 (or so) party guests.  I don't think there will be any surprises, but maybe you have some suggestions of people that I'm missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce