Friday, August 13, 2010

Strawberry Memories

I hope the rain didn't keep you away from the Winkler festival, because I was there. . .waiting for you!  It was a slow start today, but I'm hoping for better weather over the next 2 days and a lot of traffic.  One of the people who stopped by the table could remember my first name (he actually said Lavonne, but that's pretty close, considering how unusual my name is) and so I tried to place him.  He was young, but I knew that he was not a student, because they usually don't figure out my first name.  David was one of the kids that worked at the strawberry farm when I worked there between high school and university summers (way back when).  I couldn't believe that he remembered me!  He actually said that his family stills heads to the strawberry farm every summer to help with the we-pick berries.  His worst memory. . .the early morning starts!  My best memory of his family. . .the fact that so many of them piled out of the smallest red car (kind of like the clown car trick)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce