Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dinner Guest #2

Yesterday I was excited to realize that no 2 of my dinner guests come from the same country, and I didn't do that on purpose!  We will have different backgrounds, come from different cultures, perhaps speak some different languages, but I believe that all my guests have the same heart for justice.  My second guest is Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997), a Catholic nun of Albanian ethnicity and Indian citizenship.  Along with Nelson Mandela, she is also a Nobel Peace Prize winner.  It is her transparency and honesty that touch my heart - she talked many times about her 'nothingness' so that Christ could be everything.  The poor were not her burden, they were her Jesus.  And the fact that she lived like the poor around her in order to speak the same language and understand them more.  The fact that she spoke God's truth even when it was unpopular.  She is my lone female guest so maybe I would connect with her in a way that would be impossible with the gentlemen around the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce