Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ode to the DQ Muffin

This blog is for Carmen (how can it possibly be that we've known one another for 14 years?!?):

When I moved to Winnipeg for university, Carmen was my first roommate.  She was a country girl herself - she came from Morden, where I lived and taught a few years ago.  Carmen has many passions but the way she talked about the muffins at DQ (a Morden-only specialty), made my mouth water even though I had never tasted one.  I too learned to share her passion for DQ muffins and I even brought some out as a wedding gift for her when she got married in BC (yep, they made the trip!).  It was my full intention to take a picture of one today and then blog about it (knowing I would make Carmen's mouth water!) since I'm in Morden for the festival this weekend, BUT I found out that they have not been making them for 1.5 years - just about the time I left Morden.  I have to admit that I was a little sad for me, for Carmen and for the DQ muffin. . .farewell.

1 comment:

  1. What? You kidding me? They don't make them anymore? My heart just sank. I looovvvee those muffins! I'm going to need a little time to process this - and then work on recreating them in my own kitchen. Thanks for thinking of me LaDawn. Enjoy the Corn & Apple Festival. Eat a cob and have a cider for me. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce