Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Family Update

The last few weeks have seen a lot of changes for my mom's family.  My uncle Levi continues to improve since being transferred to the intermediary ICU.  He has had times where he has been off the ventilator and only on oxygen through his nose, which is amazing.  The staff there is hopeful that he will be off the ventilator by the end of the month, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.


Since my grandma had a stroke in 2002, she has moved to different types of apartments (independent, assisted) and now has made the move to a care home.  Each move has helped downsize and even in this last move, she didn't think she had as much stuff as she did.  It's crazy how it all accumulates!  She seems to be adjusting well so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce