Friday, August 6, 2010

Dinner Guest #4

Menno Simons (1496 - 1561) is the 4th guest at my dinner party.  He was a Dutch Anabaptist and his followers became known as Mennonites, of which I'm one.  As I blogged before, there is a common thread between all my guests in that they were not preaching one thing but then acting differently (or indifferently).  His relationship with God convinced him of many things that were wrong in the church and so he took action.  Again, he was not always the most popular, but knew in his heart that God had called His people to something greater.  Being one of the oldest people at our table, I'm sure we will gain great insight into just how radical he was for his day and then be motivated to go out and do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce