Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Jesus Thirsts

"Jesus wants me to tell you again. . .how much is the love He has for each one of you - beyond all what you can imagine. . .Not only He loves you, even more - He longs for you.  He misses you when you don't come close.  He thirsts for you.  He loves you always, even when you don't feel worthy. . .

For me it is so clear - everything in MC {Missionaries of Charity} exists to satiate Jesus.  His words on the wall of every MC chapel, they are not from [the] past only, but alive here and now, spoken to you.  Do you believe it?. . .Why does Jesus say 'I thirst'?  What does it mean?  Something so hard to explain in words - . . .'I thrist' is something much deeper than just Jesus saying 'I love you.' Until you know deep inside that Jesus thirsts for you - you can't begin to know who He wants to be for you.  Or who He wants you to be for Him."

~Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce