Friday, May 14, 2010

Substitute Teaching

I have been much busier substitute teaching this month than from January to April combined. I went back to my old elementary school the other day and recognized some of the students from when I subbed here a few years ago. Some remembered me, some didn't and others had their memory stirred. . .

It was nearing the end of the day and the grade 5's were supposed to be silent reading. One fellow decided to lie on the floor, with his feet up on a chair. I approached him and said that his teacher would probably not allow that, to which I added, "Am I right, or am I right?" He did agree with the latter! I talked to his teacher a few days later, relaying the story. She mentioned speaking to another student in the class who had not remembered me , that is, until my line, "Am I right, or am I right?" Here's to leaving a good impression?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce