Saturday, May 8, 2010

Stop Human Trafficking Walk

Today was the day where the rubber met the road - time to put my words into action - a chance to stand up and give a voice to those who are victims of human trafficking. It started at the Manitoba Legislature with a few short speeches and then we walked for about 1/2 an hour. But the most important part for me was after the walk was complete. Four women briefly shared about being a victim of human trafficking. They were overwhelmed to see hundreds of people show up in support of them. For me, an issue really hits home when I have a face to go with it and so I now carry these women in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce