Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Long Road Back to Fisher Branch

I spent this weekend in Fisher Branch - the community where I was living and teaching before I left for YWAM. My 6 hours of driving this weekend were kind of boring - how in the world did I drive back and forth almost every weekend when I was teaching there (and in the winter with bad roads, no less)?!? My friends and former colleagues had many plans for me - canoeing, horseback riding, plus, the whole point of the weekend, sharing at the church this morning. Alas, the rainy, windy weather stroked canoeing and horseback riding off the list. Joanne (my guitar teacher, who wanted to take me canoeing) instead took me for a walk and we went bird watching. Actually, we started by listening - the American bittern makes this crazy gulping sound and we followed it to the marsh. She was able to see it first and then, when he finally made sang his song by putting his entire body into it, I was able to spot him through his movements yet too. I also ate pickerel fish wings today (no typo- these fish have wings!). Despite the weather, I would say that I still had quite the adventure in Fisher Branch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce