Sunday, May 30, 2010

Crucify

It's been a while since I had a speaking engagement, but this morning I headed out to Carman (about 1 hour away from home). It was such a comfortable atmosphere as people sit around circular tables instead of on pews. As I prepared this week, I came across the definition of "crucify". The first definition was the obvious one: "to put to death by nailing to a cross". But it was the second definition that interested me: "to treat with gross injustice". Combining those 2 definitions shows us that Jesus experienced the ultimate injustice, dying on the cross as a perfect man while bearing my sins and the sins of the entire world throughout history. Truly that is the power of the cross and the message that Christ brings - He understands the injustice in our lives (no matter how big or small); He can relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce