Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy 79th Birthday!

Today was an exciting day for our family. The day started with my cousin, Caleb, sharing his testimony and getting baptized. Then we spent the rest of the day celebrating with him and his friends, as well as celebrating my Grandma's 79th birthday and a belated Mother's Day.

I asked my Grandma what the best changes were over the last 79 years. . .electricity. . .running water. After I got her started with those examples her reply was that schools were better. She loved school and wanted to continue, but around Easter, just before she turned 14, she had to leave to work at home. Being 1 of 16 children, plus one of the oldest, there was always work in the garden or hoeing beets in the field or animals to care for. Happy 79th birthday Grandma, with many more to come! Thank you for the gift of education and reminding me just how important it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce