Monday, May 17, 2010

Scared of Umpires

We are well into baseball season, though probably not as far as my brother Lee would like to be (he lives and breathes baseball). But this story is not about baseball. . .I was visiting my friend Brenda the other day. Her husband, Keith, joined us after trying to put their almost 4-year old daughter, Piper, to bed (she'd had a nap that afternoon and was still buzzing away!). He mentioned to me that he had to get rid of the umpires for her. Umpires, why is she scared of umpires? A bad experience at home plate? Brenda pipes up, "Vampires - she calls vampires umpires." I love kids - there would be a lot less laughter in our world without them!


supplied photo. . .guess who's in front of the umpire?. . .yep, it's Lee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce