Sunday, August 2, 2009

War Cry

THE WAR CRY SOUNDS OUT - IT IS A BATTLE CRY NOT FOR LAND BUT FOR THE SOULS OF HIS PEOPLE.


I cannot begin to describe what I have learned and experienced being able to work along side Tulio for the past month or so (and just so you know, he really does have a dramatic war cry!). He became a Christian about 3 years ago and his passion for God and his people is amazing. He carries an influence and an intensity rarely seen in people, certainly in today's society. Tulio is working within his own family at Errebache to show them God's love, but it doesn't stop there. Our trip to the Darien was a trip back in time to visit each of his parent's tribes and he carried the message of Christ to them as well. Even Panama cannot contain him and the fact that he is an indigenous man, bringing Jesus to his own people carries such weight. We would share and they would kind of listen. Tulio would share and he captivated them.

"I will raise up for them a prophet like [Moses] from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him." Deuteronomy 18:18

I know that you have not met Tulio (though I do recommend taking the tour to his village if you are ever visit Panama - it's totally worth every penny), but I am asking you to consider a way to serve and bless him in his ministry. I think that the most important tool that he could obtain right now is to learn English. It would be a huge asset as tourism increases for Errebache (hopefully in part to the website that we're putting together) and also as he begins to travel the world (because there's not doubt that his message will travel). Would you join me and put money towards purchasing Rosetta Stone in English for him? If you are interested (small or large donations) please contact either me or my parents. Gracias!!

Picture thanks to Joanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce