Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tourist Day

My team hit Panama City to do some final sight-seeing, souvenir shopping, and, most importantly, eating from the best places we have found in the past 6 weeks or so. Some strange highlights of the day included taking pictures in a doorknob (of all things - look at the reflection carefully!), hanging out with Einstein (to whom I owe a lot for giving meaning to my life - hence, the hug!), and going bowling together (yep, bowling shoes are the same ugliness in every country, but in Panama you have to pay $2.50 per person to use the shoes. If you don't have socks, it's another $2.10 and that's all on top of what it costs just to rent the lane for an hour.). I wowed my teammates with my superior bowling skills and at the point we had to leave the game (early with 2 ends left in order to catch the last bus back to Gamboa), I was the unofficial winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce