Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sara, my Friend, This One is for You!

Upon our arrival in Panama at the end of June, we were greeted by this blonde chick (who's now red-ish) with an amazing smile. Little did we know that she would join our team and translate for us as we headed out to Errebache; into the Darien; and off to Costa Rica. She quickly became one of us and her laughter was infectious. Her perspective was different and added so much value and depth to our team as a whole.

But far more than all of that (and the countless hours we made her translate), Sara became one of my dear friends! Yes, I loved her massages and the animated way she translated (I think if you tried to tie her hands behind her back while she was speaking, she would have just died!), there was something about the immediate connection that we had. And as we said our goodbyes today, I don't think my tears could even begin to express how much she has blessed me and touched my life. So this blog is just for you Sara! And girl, you don't know how excited I was to receive the necklace that you left behind for me today - I will treasure it and think of you as I journey on!! I miss you already!


"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our heart and we are never, ever the same." (Flavia)

3 comments:

  1. LaDawn-- this journey sounds so healing and perfect for you!!!!! I am so glad that you are meeting such wonderful people!!!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey friend :). you're awesome. please, yell at a honking car for me, and know i'm laughing my butt off somewhere on this continent ;). love you dear. .sara.

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce