Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Volcan Arenal

If I thought Costa Rica was beautiful before, the country outdid itself today! We drove about 3 hours north of San Jose to a town called La Fortuna, which is home to the Arenal Volcano. The greenery on the drive up was spectacular and when we stopped to take pictures of the volcano, the clouds were. . .phenomenal, for lack of a better word. My love of weather and geology came together in this unbelievable place. It's a bit of hit-and-miss in regard to seeing the top of the volcano because of the clouds, but we were so blessed to enjoy it the whole day, seeing the volcano spit its own clouds into the air. I went to sleep with a BIG smile on my face - I was like a kid at Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that simply the sight of the volcano brought that smile to your face at the end of the day :). It actually was fantastic. I agree. We went to bed boiled to a mushy reddish tinge, smiling smiling smiling.

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce