Thursday, June 9, 2011

Titanic

Titanic:  The Artifact Exhibition has been in Winnipeg for a few months and I wanted to be sure to check it out before it leaves town (June 12).  I have always been intrigued with its story:  I read "A Night to Remember" in high school and I saw the movie probably 3 or 4 times in the theater.  Though I didn't have much time, I went to the exhibit today and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Titanic sat at the bottom of the Atlantic untouched, from 1912, when it sank on its maiden voyage, until 1985.  One of the first display cases of artifacts in the exhibit held 2 large pots that had holes eaten through the metal and were colored in rust.  All of a sudden the story and movie of Titanic turned into people, leading real lives.  One of the information posters said that the artifacts were "a reminder of the legendary liner, life's fragility and the human spirit's enduring strength."

*EXTENDED UNTIL JULY 31, SO CHECK IT OUT!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce