Saturday, June 4, 2011

Today's Activities

This is me last night - VERY excited at our catalogue launch!  And yes, I am wearing one of our new scarves.  It's from Thailand and it's got a great story that I'm SO excited to share at upcoming parties.  I know I said that the dessert was at the bottom of my list last night, but the chocolate dessert was unbelievable!  Wonderful evening - Drina (my roomie) & I didn't get to sleep until 1 a.m. (thankfully, midnight back home).


By the way, for those of you who haven't seen me in a while, this is my new haircut.  And just so you know (Cathy, that means you!) - I asked my hairdresser to cut it that way, it's not 1/2 a haircut!  #1 on my list was to finally meet Ann face-to-face versus email-to-email and here she is!  The pictures from here on are from tonight's dinner & awards night.



Here's Team Toba - 5 consultants from Manitoba made it out to Conference which is huge considering that there were only about 30 people in total.  To my left is Drina, Elvira, Nadine and Trishia.  The forecast for today was hot & sunny but that changed to rain.  We're hoping to the 'hot & sunny' tomorrow as Team Toba heads out to explore Niagara Falls together.



Of course, there has been a lot of laughter this weekend.  Poor Ted (he & his wife Darlene are the people who started Jolica) - in a room full of women!  This is Ann-Michele (our VP on the left, who works from B.C.) and Wendy (our graphic designer) who were creatively trying to warm up as the air-conditioning was on a little too high!  Supper was wonderful though.  The Fairmont Royal York was selected in part because of their environmental practices, including the garden on their roof (which we were eating from!).  It's so cool to be a part of a company that considers even the fine details in something like the hotel that's selected for our conference.


Since Ann-Michele is from B.C., we had hockey score updates from the Vancouver-Boston hockey final.  Our table was in the back of the room (affectionately known as the 'peanut gallery'!).  This was our 'secret' signal - Vancouver scored.  I was recognized as the 3rd highest in sales for the year (at $24,700), the 3rd highest in my QuickStart (my 1st 3 months) and also for having at least 1 party in each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce