Sunday, July 18, 2010

Quality People

I like to believe that I surround myself with quality people.  You know those people that would actually tell you that you're dating a jerk because they care about you and know that, eventually, you'll get over it and realize that they said it for your benefit.  I mean, who wants people who won't look out for you (and vice versa)?!

Well, I love it when "my people" prove me right (and no, I'm not dating - a jerk or otherwise)!  I got an unexpected gift the other day from my friend Diane.  I had mentioned, in passing, some books I wanted to get about a Cambodian woman named Somaly Mam.  Gifts are wonderful, especially when they're unexpected, and even more so when someone gets you exactly what you want, without you even asking!  So whether it's an all-important thing like dating the right guy or the little things like getting a surprise just-because gift, it's really all about the quality person who's willing to journey life together with me.  For ALL my quality people out there, I just want to remind you, THAT YOU ROCK, and that my life would be so much less without you!!

1 comment:

  1. Because you are AMAZING! YOU make it so easy for us. You are the real deal with all life's bumps and bruises included. WE LOVE you cause of who you are and whose you are.

    I often ask Our father why he had BLESSED Manuela, Celina and mostly me with such an amazing YOU. PS. Tell that Jerk he has to go through me first Ha Ha.

    Take care, LOVE you lots
    Clint

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce