Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Missing You. . .

Today was one of those days where I was thinking about where I was a year ago.  Did I really travel to all those places and do all those things?!?  I definitely don't miss the hot weather, sleeping arrangements, bathroom facilities or food.  BUT, I so miss the people who changed my life significantly through rather insignificant ways.  Whether we met in a slum for 1/2 hour, road the river together, had tea or just talked the day away, that's what I miss the most.  I'm sorry that I probably don't maintain contact as much as I should but I think it's partly because mail or phone or the internet don't provide the best setting for those up-close and personal chats.  Just know that I am missing you. . .

2 comments:

  1. We LOVE you tooo!! It would have been great if you could be there tonight. It's Manuela's birthday and we having a little party for her. Maybe you could come next year. We miss you so much too. Take care, your brother Clint

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that I missed it - you know I would have loved to be there!

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce