Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Adventures of Sydney the Dog

I'm thinking of writing a book called "The Adventures of Sydney the Dog".  I mean, I wouldn't have to worry about material at all because our dog Sydney supplies more of her fair share of adventure.  Today's chapter:  I went out to do some weed-eating and Sydney greeted me at the back door.  I looked at her, turned around, opened the inside door and yelled "I think Sydney met a porcupine today" to my parents.  Sure enough, the 4 quills (which looks liked pieces of straw or bits of wood from a distance) we could see at the surface around her face were just the beginning.  I held on to her while my dad started pulling the quills out with pliers.  She probably had around 30 all over her body and we're hoping that we got them all, as she has such thick fur.  Sydney has never sat quite so still for such a long time!  As we got rid of the quills I kept telling her that, although she wants everyone to be her friend, porcupines CANNOT be her friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce