Sunday, July 11, 2010

And the Winner is. . .South Africa!!

The beauty of South Africa's people has been on display for the last month, thanks to and yet far beyond the FIFA World Cup.  Having lived in South Africa from September to December of last year, I had a bit of an inside track on the activities.  Things kicked off just before I left the country and it has been so exciting to connect with my South African friends throughout this month to get their views.  I was told about the vibe and unity throughout the country, and shared in their triumph of England's defeat (far more important it seemed, than South Africa's team continuing on).  I am 1 of the millions of people who watched the final match today.  The outcome of the game did not matter to me because the real winner has already been claimed. . .SOUTH AFRICA!!

1 comment:

  1. Viva South Africa Viva!!! It brought tears to my eyes when I watched the closing ceremony before the final match. Wow!!! I did not expect South Africa as a nation and a united people to put on such a breath taking and spectacular show, especially after we had hosted an unforgetable Soccer World Cup 2010.

    Take care & GOD bless
    Clint

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce