Saturday, October 24, 2009

To Stay or To Go

It's been a really long week - quite a struggle, in fact. I am trying to find balance between all of my activities, which, when you compare back to my 'former/normal' life, is not really that much. South Africa is our one really good chance to make connections and relationships within the community because of the length of time that we're here. The next longest duration in one place is about 1 month. So I really want to be able to take advantage of that and I have really enjoyed my time in the high school. Another part to outreach is to let churches and other organizations know about what we do and encourage them to come alongside us, and so I'm trying to arrange some of those opportunities as well.

Probably my biggest struggle is being in class itself. How does photography really fit into my life? If it's a just hobby after all of this, should I be using my current life for other things? This week has been a lot of flip-flopping back and forth - one day I'm o.k. with where I'm at and then the next day I just wonder why in the world I'm here. I know that going home at Christmas is on the back of my mind, which I'm really excited about. I hope that it's a time to relax, refresh and regroup. I also hope by that time to have more confirmation of where God really wants me to be and what I should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce