Wednesday, October 28, 2009

In my Tears

Jaylene, Megan and I headed down to the high school today (where some of us have been volunteering for the past few weeks). We were given 1/2 an hour to speak to the Christian Union group and so I talked specifically from the Voice for the Voiceless 30-Day Prayer booklet. I had a few minutes left at the end, so I shared my favorite story from the summer: Bleu and her work in Jaco, Costa Rica. It always brings me to tears, but it's always the story I most want to share. After I finished, the teacher I've been working with a lot (Liza - in the green sweater), came up and just told the students (though the message was just as much for me) that the Holy Spirit moves in different ways. When we decide to follow Jesus, our hearts are stirred in ways that we don't always understand. And for me, it's in my tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce