Sunday, October 11, 2009

Knowing versus Believing

I guess that this blog continues on from yesterday’s a bit. Like I said, I have known about God all of my life, but there’s a difference between knowing and believing. I don’t doubt that there have been moments and different periods of time where I did believe, but the question is just how much did I believe? One of my leaders said that we in the west seem to find God by breaking down what we think we know and understand about Him. The non-west, on the other hand, has to trust God for the simplest things and so they come through pure trust and build from there to find God. The guest speaker at the The Bay last week said: “we struggle to trust God in the ordinary. No wonder we can’t believe in the extraordinary.”

I am so thankful for those of you who believed (in me), even when I didn’t necessarily believe in myself. For your continued prayers as I struggled, especially in the past few months of DTS, outreach and now Track. Your prayers have not been in vain! God has always been at work in my life and I’m finally at a point to receive it. There has been heartache and many tears along the way (which I know will not cease), but I can say that God is faithful and I know that He continues to pursue me, to shape my character into His, and to love me despite my sin. And the best part is that I don’t just know it (in my brain), but I also believe it (in my heart).

1 comment:

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce