Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Never

If you haven't had the chance to read Night by Elie Wiesel, I would recommend it to you.  It's a gripping perspective inside the Holocaust and his honesty makes it an enduring piece of recorded history, especially his faith struggle.

"Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp,
that turned my life into one long night seven times sealed.

Never shall I forget that smoke.

Never shall I forget the small faces of the children whose
bodies I saw transformed into smoke under a silent sky.

Never shall I forget those flames that consumed my faith forever.

Never shall I forget the noctural silence that
deprived me for all eternity of the desire to live.

Never shall I forget those moments that murdered my
God and my soul and turned my dreams to ashes.

Never shall I forget those things, even were
I condemned to live as long as God Himself.

Never."

1 comment:

  1. As you and I discussed recently an absolutely mesmerizing read..how one carries on after witnessing what he did is remarkable...he has gone on to " make a difference" in the years since his ordeal. I heartily encourage others to look at his subsequent works!

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce