Sunday, February 7, 2010

Speaking from Afar

I was hoping to blog about speaking in another church today, but the snow that started falling yesterday continues today, plus the winds have picked up. So, yet another storm day! And, as with the last one, I'm sure that there are a few prayers going up (by both students and a few teachers alike!) that it will continue into tomorrow and that school will be canceled.

I had planned to talk about the Olympics and specific ways to pray (as it was a morning of prayer for this church). Instead, I will pass along my ideas to you: I ask that you pray for the churches and individuals who have been working tirelessly and will continue to work throughout the Olympic games. I do not think that there is anyone is this country who wants the games to be remembered for the humans trafficked or the increase of prostitution. Also pray for the ordinary citizen who may encounter people who are being trafficked or forced into prostitution and that they will use their voice to speak up for these victims, and that our law enforcement and governments will also be willing to stand in that gap.

2 comments:

  1. I had to tell you that I followed one of your previous links and asked our MLA to support the bill you mentioned, which refers to punishment for trafficking in Canada. Wouldn't have done that without your voice.....

    marilyn

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce