Monday, February 8, 2010

Have I got Gift Ideas for You!

Seeing that Valentine's Day is this weekend, I thought I would give you some unique gift ideas this week that your special someone will appreciate, but you'll also know that these gifts reach a little farther than most. Some of them do require shipping, so it may have to be a belated gift OR turn it into a great birthday or anniversary gift for someone. I'm going to start with the cheapest (at only $1), though the most expensive item is only $32. I'm sure that something will catch your eye and, more importantly, your heart!

I've talked about Threads of Hope (threadsofhope.com.ph) before, but I want to highlight their organization again. It is a missions organization in the US, but the bracelets that they sell are hand-crafted in the Philippines. It basically boils down to this: Threads of Hope buys the bracelets made by families so that they have the money to put food on the table because the only other real alternative for these families to provide for their basic needs is to sell their children into prostitution. Can you think of any other example where your $1 goes so far, because I can't? I have about 500 of them currently and I would love to sell them all and get more soon! In gifts, especially in our material-based/obsessed society, it really should be the thought that counts and the thoughts associated with these bracelets are priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce