Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Food Freedom Day

I didn't blog about Food Freedom Day in Canada (Feb. 12) due to all my Valentine gift ideas last week. In an email I received from the Canadian Foodgrains Bank they said, "Food Freedom Day is the day when the average Canadian will have earned enough money to pay for his or her own groceries for the full year. How privileged we are to live in a country where people have so much disposable income! It's a good day also for us to reflect on the many people in our world who don't share this freedom." I think this is also a great thought to "chew on" as we head into the season of lent and Easter, truly considering just how blessed we are in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce