Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Did you know that Valentine's Day did not start out as a romantic celebration? It's origins are actually based on a friendship of letter-writing with one of the people having the name Valentine and signing his letters "Your Valentine". I hope my week of gift ideas has inspired you as you celebrate today, whether it's with your sweetheart or just a friend in your life that you appreciate.

And I want you to know, as is the case with everything on my blog, I don't talk about stuff or endorse products because I just think that they're nice or great causes. If I talk about something here, it means that I've stepped out first. Every item that was featured is something that I've purchased. When I talk about things like sponsoring a child (or donating to a micro-loan - see tomorrow's blog!), it means that I participate in those things myself. I challenge you because I first challenge myself. . .and I really hope that it inspires you to do likewise within your circle of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce