Sunday, February 28, 2010

Push & Pull

This morning I was longing to be back at my church in South Africa, just to experience it again. It was the first time in my life when, after just leaving church on a Sunday morning, I was already looking forward to the next Sunday at The Bay. I felt pulled back a few months (and many degrees Celsius!).

But at the same time, I felt the push to be here at home. Knowing that God has specific plans, right here. That this morning's sermon was one I was meant to hear. How, if we viewed every person as the creation that God has made them to be, our world would be different because they would no longer just be objects but the people that they are. And that way, life wouldn't be all about us - ME - because it's really not.

P.S. - And just when I think how I wish I could be in South Africa, and see how much I need to work on and change in my life, God just pours out His blessings upon my life to remind me of His unending love for me - a phone call from my South African family, Clint & Manuela!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce