Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Say (and Spell) my Name

You may or may not know that as a kid, I really hated my name. Nobody could say it or spell it (it's a capital D and there are no spaces). But as I grew older, I began to realize that there were some advantages to having an unusual name. In university, once professors could actually say and spell my name, they usually did not forget it. . .or me! In a sea of people, it's hard to stand out and I know that it's not just my name, but it also has to do with the impression I leave (though the name helps)! As was the case again today as I went in for my interview. I had interviewed in this division a number of years ago (before the current superintendent) and I applied for a job in 2008 (with the current superintendent). Though I did not interview in 2008, my name must of stuck because he was convinced that I had interviewed with him before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce