Monday, January 11, 2010

Passing the Flame

I don't know about you, but I LOVE the Olympics! I get caught up in it every time - summer or winter - and I am extra excited to live in this year's host country (though the event is quite a distance away from me!). I love to see people triumph and tears come to my eyes when flags are raised and national anthems are played in victory. The flame is making its way across Canada and I missed it in Manitoba last week, mostly because of the cold temperatures. Well, as luck would have it, we beat the flame to Saskatchewan and were able to catch a glimpse of it in the town where my brother is living (and the temperatures were much higher, which helped). Only 31 days until the 2010 Vancouver Olympics start - I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce