Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Amazing Grace

If you have not seen the movie "Amazing Grace", please go out and rent it. I watched it as I prepared to share this past weekend. William Wilberforce battled to abolish the slave trade and I needed a reminder of what I'm battling for today regarding human trafficking, which is modern day slavery. Wilberforce battled 200 years ago and, as I watched the movie, I wondered what people will say about us 200 years from now. That we worked tirelessly to abolish human trafficking by speaking out and through our governments, or will they look back and say that we turned a blind eye?


Amazing Grace (How sweet the sound)
That sav'd a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

~John Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce