Thursday, January 7, 2010

Packing Away Christmas

While putting away the ornaments and taking down the Christmas tree today (yes, it's artificial), I finally realized why it did not feel like Christmas to me in South Africa. I thought that maybe it was the weather, but I think I could live with a warm Christmas (-42 with the wind chill today!!). I mean, I could make that sacrifice if I really had to. In taking down our decorations, I realized that people did not have Christmas lights on their houses or trees all decorated inside. I left mid-December, so maybe the decorating happens closer to Christmas time itself. Or maybe they just celebrate Jesus' birth. . .and maybe we just decorate. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce