Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Week That Was

What a week it has been. After Monday it was difficult to touch base with Ngoie - she ended up in the hospital with swollen and bruised legs. I ask that you keep her in your prayers. She has been given a prescription but more tests will be done next week as the doctors believe that it is something in her blood. I was able to visit her home and meet some of her family yesterday. I was also able to buy some groceries for them, but I think it was more of a blessing for me than for them. You should have seen Ngoie's sister shop - she had A LOT of fun!

Besides working on my assignment with Ngoie, I've spent the week preparing slide shows and presentations for my time home at Christmas. Wednesday was spent in Cape Town getting my visa extended (and it was an agonizing process!). Beyond that, the rain really has not ceased, so it's been difficult to get around. Trackers are slowly returning back to the house and classes start up again on Monday.


P.S. - Happy Birthday to me! Thanks to all of you both near and far that helped me celebrate! Photo thanks to Naomi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce