Monday, November 9, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

We are waiting and waiting for summer to arrive around here. I guess after Panama's heat and humidity, you just gain a certain tolerance level for the warmer side of the thermometer. (I don't know how I'm going to survive the cold back home at Christmas!) The wind is one thing, being as close to the ocean as we are, but the rain is another. It has been raining (and I mean RAINING) since Friday without reprieve. I woke up to rain again this morning and wondered if it would ever stop. It's difficult to go anywhere (including to catch the train) because it's at least a 15 minute walk and those 15 minutes have proven difficult this weekend. People come back to the house, soaked to the bone. Thankfully, the clouds did move away and by the time I was ready to head out this morning, though the ground was wet, the rain had finally stopped falling from the sky (for now anyway!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce